Sunday, August 16, 2009

Tour Oklahoma: Brushy Lake State Park 08/09/09

When we first arrived we saw the sign to turn in. As usual we stopped and took a picture of the sign and then turned in. Then we thought we had done something wrong because we kept driving and saw private homes for quite a while. We even passed Reagan Road along the way so we took a picture of the sign for Reagan. Finally, we arrived at the actual entrance to the park.

This was a very small park that was just for camping. There were no trails or anything. If you were camping and there to enjoy the lake I’m sure you could have a great time.

However, we had spent the whole weekend at Lake Tenkiller and were just checking this park off our list on the way home so we did a quick drive through and were on our way out in about five minutes.

Nothing to see folks, move along.

However, on the way back through Sallisaw, I did take a picture of an old OTASCO sign. OTASCO (Oklahoma Tire and Supply Company) is a now out of business company that used to have stores all over Oklahoma and even into some other states. I used to work at one in OKC when I was about 18. I sold appliances. That's when I decided I didn't want to be in sales. Nothing against OTASCO. I just didn't like sales. Before that I worked at Kinney Shoes! Yes, I am a Certified Shoe Counselor.

No comments: